1. Aquila’s Privacy Commitment
We take our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) very seriously and have implemented practices, procedures, and systems to ensure we comply with those laws. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information and managing it in an open and transparent way.
3. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
4. Types of personal information collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you such as:
• your full name and contact details (including your postal address, phone numbers, and email addresses, whether personal or for work);
• your gender;
• your date of birth;
• your lifecycle stage;
• your purchase history;
• your company name (if applicable);
• the domain from which you access the internet;
• your user agent (browser) and IP address;
• the date and time you access our Website;
• actions taken when visiting our Website, including viewed products, order events, cart content, liked products, viewed images and external campaign attributions, order information;
• the internet address of the website from which you linked to our Website;
• information about your shopping preferences/selections;
• type of payment used for purchases;
• actions when we send you emails, including whether you have opened or clicked on a particular email;
• other information you may make publicly available online (including but not limited to information on social media platforms); and
• any other information you may provide to us from time to time.
We do not collect your financial information in the form of credit card details, although we may record the type of payment you used to purchase products.
5. When and how do we collect your personal information?
5.1. Collection from you
We collect personal information directly from you in the normal course of providing services instore and online such as when you:
• purchase products or services from us;
• request information about us or our products or services;
• use our Website;
• request a refund, return or make a claim;
• provide feedback, respond to a survey, leave a review, change your email preferences;
• participate in a promotion or competition;
• register to become a member or otherwise opt-in to receive messages from us;
• apply to or become an employee of Aquila, or
• otherwise supply personal information to us by telephone, facsimile, email, a Website inquiry, post or in person.
5.2. Collection by other lawful and fair means
We may also collect information about how you use our Website. We may do this when you click on a link from our Website or visit a website that displays our advertisements (such as Google Ads). This information is derived from cookies and other tracking technologies such as website tags. We use these technologies to allow us to personalise your browsing and online shopping experience on our Website, including identifying the computer you used to access our Website, the pages you accessed or viewed, and remembering any items in your shopping cart. You can configure your internet browser to disable cookies or website tags or not accept them, however, we may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our Website if you choose to do so.
We use third party service providers to help us collect your information. We use Google Analytics to track your use of our Website. Google Analytics is a website analytics service provided by Google Inc that places cookies on your computer’s browser. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our Website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used for the purpose of compiling statistical reports enabling us to analyze the number of visits to our Website, the average time spent on our Website, and the pages viewed. You can configure your browser to disable Google Analytics.
We also use a service called Lexer (https://www.lexer.io), which collects information described in clause 4 via website tags when you visit our Website. Lexer uses the information to provide us with customer analytics and integration solutions, so we can offer you a tailored and personalised shopping experience. You may request for your data to be removed from Lexer at any time. This request can take up to 7 business days to be fulfilled. Lexer also partners with businesses such as DotDigital (https://dotdigital.com/terms/privacy-policy/) to provide us with information about your engagement with our emails. For more information on how Lexer and DotDigital uses and processes information, see https://www.lexer.io/privacy-policy and https://dotdigital.com/terms/privacy-policy/ respectively.
We also use a service called Nosto (www.nostco.com), which collects information described in clause 4 when you visit our Website. Nosto then helps us provide you with personalized product offers, recommendations and information across platforms including our Website, via emails and via other mediums (such as Instagram and Facebook). For more information on how Nosto uses and processes information, see: https://www.nosto.com/wp-content/uploads/DPA-102019.pdf.
5.3. Unsolicited personal information
In some circumstances, we may receive personal information that we have not requested. If this occurs, we will comply with our obligations under the Act. You acknowledge that we may de-identify and/or destroy this information unless we are required to keep it by law.
6. Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information to allow us to:
• conduct our business functions;
• to meet any regulatory requirements which apply to our business;
• to market and sell our products and services, including using third party providers to process sales and deliver our products;
• to improve our products and our marketing; and
• to provide an efficient and personal website journey for our customers.
7. Direct marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing materials via our Website, email and various platforms (such as Google ads, Facebook and Instagram) if you would reasonably expect us to or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials. We will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if we have obtained your personal information from a third party. Direct marketing material may include promotional material about us or the products or services we offer. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
8. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our shareholders, officers and employees, other businesses within our group of companies, service providers who assist us in our business operations and recruitment activities (including third party service providers based overseas), government agencies, parties involved in the purchase or sale of any of our businesses, other third parties, (including parties that we engage to process orders for our products, provide you with goods or services on our behalf or who are connected with or involved in our relationship with you), or otherwise as required by law.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
9. Cross-border disclosure of personal information
We may transfer personal information to countries outside of Australia, but we will only do so in compliance with the Act. The third-party service providers may be located in New Zealand, the United States and EU. Where we transfer your personal information outside of Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely, and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When conducting online transactions from our Website, we use an industry standard 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) which encrypts sensitive information as it is transferred over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as credit card numbers, billing details and delivery addresses so that computers are unable to decipher the information .
We will keep your personal information only for as long as required for our business purposes and otherwise as required by Australian law. Where we no longer need to keep your personal information for a permitted purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
11. Access to personal information we hold about you
Upon your written request we will provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold about you unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the APPs or at law. If you wish to have your personal information destroyed or de-identified, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to do so (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons, or as otherwise required by law). This request can take up to 7 business days to be fulfilled. A request can be made by contacting our Privacy Officer.
12. Updating and correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can update your personal information at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Wherever it is lawful and practical, you have the option of using a pseudonym or not identifying yourself when dealing with us. However, by doing so you acknowledge that it may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you. If you apply to or become an employee you must provide personal information that is true and accurate and not misleading or deceptive.
14. Privacy Enquiries and Complaints
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +61 3 8412 9800 Post: Customer Care Aquila Pty Ltd 7 Saligna Drive, Tullamarine, VIC, 3043
We will endeavor to respond to all enquiries and complaints within 30 days and deal with the matter expeditiously and in a manner which is consistent with our obligations at law. If unresolved, complaints may be referred to an external complaints resolution entity and, if necessary, taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au or by email at:
Email: email@example.com. Telephone: 1300 363 992 Post: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 Online: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
This Policy was last updated on 30 August 2022